Friday, February 29, 2008

The funniest thing happened on the way home from the park today! Hubby was driving and the boys were in the backseat, both tired, hot and whining. We all had our windows down and Hubby had his arm resting on the window edge. Soon Ben began whining in increasingly higher octaves, and Hubby couldn't tone it out anymore and began snapping at him. Just at that moment, God saw an opportunity: a bird pooped on Hubby's arm!

"Oh my gosh! Look at this! Disgusting! Sheesh!" ...and other choice words were barreling toward me from the direction of the driver's seat. I was trying my best to hold back my tears of humor, while uncontrollably laughing out loud. I quickly handed Hubby a baby wipe and watched while he wiped off the little green dookey from his wrist.

A few minutes later Hubby looked at me and said, "I guess God was telling me to stop snapping at the boys." I thought about it, nodded my head, and replied, "Yes, the Lord sends even the smallest Messengers." Hubby just glared at me.

1 comment:

Gabensysmom said...

OMG, that really is the funniest story! Thanks for the laugh :)