Friday, March 14, 2008

This morning, as is every morning, my kids climb into bed with Daddy and "wake up" with him. They talk about their day and what has transpired during the early morning hours that Daddy has missed out on. (Mostly it's Jake complaining about something Ben did)

Then this morning I walked in right as Jake leaned really close to Daddy's ear and whispered (loudly, because as you know 4 year olds have no concept of talking quietly): "You, me and Ben are all best friends. We're best buddies."

Very cute. I'm not in the least offended that I wasn't included. It's just that I endured 25 hours of hard labor including 2 hours of pushing for this little rugrat to pop out, and I'm not included in their little trio?? But I bite my tongue, as all mother's do, and watch Daddy glow in his moment of triumph. That jerk.

No comments: