Saturday, June 7, 2008

Books

Since we do go to the Library so often (about twice a month) we end up finding some really great stories that I can't keep quiet about any longer! We found this fantastic, adorable book called The Rooster Who Lost His Crow by Wendy Cheyette Lewison, pictures by Thor Wickstrom. It's this sweet tale of a farm rooster who gets scared by a bee and "loses" his ability to crow. He looks for his crow all over the farm (behind a haystack, in the grass, in the pond) and then finds it in a moment of braveness as he scares away a fox in the hen house.

Another series of books my kids are absolutely entralled with are the Can You See What I See series by Walter Wick. Wick is the co-creater of the I Spy books, and these follow the same I Spy guidelines, with a little "added boost"... these have an adorable little red and yellow guy named Seymore that appears throughout the book, kind of telling a story. My children are completely taken with him, and totally consumed to the point that every time we go to the library those are the first books we head toward to see if there was possibly another "Seymore book" (as they call them) that we haven't checked out.

I highly recommend both of these. I think once a week or so I'm going to add a spot to my blog called "Books" that will be my personal recommendations. Look for it on the left side!

No comments: