Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Results

This morning I went to Curves and got weighed and measured. *rolls eyes* There was hardly any change AT ALL with my body. Like it isn't embarrasing enough to get weighed and measured the first time, but to come back six weeks later, after working out 4-5 days a week, and I gained two pounds!! The only success I had was losing one inch in my hips (yay!) and a half-inch in my thighs (I think she was just being kind).

The first thing they did was weigh me, and the trainer kept saying, "hunh" under her breath, like she couldn't believe I was gaining instead of losing. She actually started over at one point and re-weighed me. I told her, "It was right the first time, I'm just fat I guess. Let's move on..."

Then that girl needed to take a phone call so another woman stepped in to do all my measurements. I swear every time she measured something she would check her chart and say, "hmm", because nothing had changed! Arms: exact same, "hmm". Waist: exact same, "hmm". The hip measurement and results were exciting, but then she kind of killed it by saying, "There you go! There's a little progress. These past six weeks didn't go entirely to waste!" *rolls eyes* Basically I could have saved my $40 for the month and layed off the soda for a couple of weeks and probably gotten the same results. And my half-inch off my thighs... well let's just say that was the absolute last thing she measured and I'm pretty sure it was a pity half-inch. After this I'm definately going to have to step up the diet and exercise at home, too! *groan*

2 comments:

Gabensysmom said...

Awww...don't be too hard on yourself!! An inch and a half inch are both very good things...be proud!

benjiboo said...

Thanks, I needed the encouragement. I was actually very happy about the inch lost in my hips. And my thighs are showing more "definition" than "donuts", which is good.