Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Skinny

I was in the Gap outlet today and was looking for some stylish capri pants for my sister, because she needed something to wear to an upcoming photo session... I found some really great capri pants, tried them on myself in a size 6, and found they fit very well. Not baggy, but no stomach bubbling over the top either. We had a winner!

The difference between her and me is that my thighs and butt are much more "cellulite-y" than hers. So when I tried these capri's on, they fit very well, but they're the type of pant that you really need to wear a thong with and I wasn't comfortable showing the world that many dimples... so I passed on them for me.

But I called her up and told her about them and she was thrilled. "Should I get a 4 or a 2?" she was asking me. I explained my cottage cheese issues and convinced her that she didn't have that particular problem, all the while other shoppers were staring at me while I was talking. Yeah, right, like the woman grabbing an XXL doesn't have cottage cheese problems... puh-lease.

Back and forth we went over the great debate between a size 4 and a 2. I mentally sighed and told myself,"If she asks about a size zero I'm hanging up on her." I had to admit when I was holding the 4 and 2 pants, I felt a little guilty like I had no business touching them. I was lucky enough to squeeze my large "backseat" into a size 6, which we all know would be an 8 at any other store. I felt like the woman with the XXL was watching me, judging my thighs versus the size on the hanger. I was finally able to make it out the store with the zero's left on the rack... along with some of my dignity.

1 comment:

Gabensysmom said...

I prefer "slender" but thanks for the shout out :)