Sunday, July 20, 2008

Legos

Lately my son has been obsessed with Legos. Both of my boys really, but where Jake builds ships and jets and characters (mostly Star Wars related), Ben usually builds "towers". Block upon block, straight up and down. But I guess that's good motor skill coordination, right? Especially because these are the tiny legos, the ones that make any new Mom gasp in fright as they have been written on scrolls from long ago as a "choking hazard". My kids have never once put them in their mouths--yet. (Good grief, what have I started... I can almost hear Ben now thinking, "I wonder what this tastes like...")

Jake is so disciplined when he's building. His ships are really very well endowed. He puts a lot of thought and effort into their structure and graphics, and all of them, every single one, have multiple "shooters". Fearing his imagination had taken a turn for the worse I asked him today "What exactly are they shooting? Because you know I'm not a fan of guns." He thought for a moment and came up with "fire" as his response. Good enough for me. As long as he's not playing Deadly Assassin then I'm game. I would completely understand if he was building a policeman/police car, or even a military character, but I don't think Joe Shmoe needs more ammo then necessary...

No comments: