Thursday, April 24, 2008

Here's the original post if someone needs a good laugh at my droopy, saggy, squinchy self. Pass it on, let the whole world see, but I'll be darned if I'm going to post the pictures that go with this again! You can divert your attention to the next post... And thanks Karen for finding this... I looked and looked and couldn't find this post anywhere, but good to know it wasn't lost forever. It'd be a real shame for the world to miss out on how much I weigh, and how my Hubby views my body.

“Alright, so I'm going to be brave. I'm going to face my diet fears and jump in Vader-head first. I asked Hubby to take some pictures of me so I could have before and after shots. When I came out with the Vader-head on, Hubby just shook his head at me and said, "Whatever". Then as I was taking the photos, he was yelling things like, "No sucking it in!" and "That's right, let it all hang out..." and "Don't squinch your butt!" Squinch my butt? I wasn't purposely doing that, but note to self: when around other people, try to make butt look un-squinchable.

After he took my pictures he noticed I had earrings on and asked, "Why are you wearing earrings if you had a mask on in the pictures?" I just kind of gave him a weird look. "It's still a picture, and mask or not, I don't want to look like a complete dodo." I sure sidestepped that one, huh!

So here I am, weighing in at a whopping 143.5 lbs. on day 1 of my adventure in dieting. It's never fun to weigh myself, but I go all out. I strip to my birthday suit, use the bathroom, blow my nose, take off jewelry, pull my Scuncii hair band out of my hair (you never know what helps)... and then step on the little white box that will forever taunt me. I am determined to lose weight by my Hubby's reunion in 4 months and now 7 days (which, he informed me, I have even less time since I'll "need time to go shopping before then" so I'll need to lose the weight even sooner then expected). Good grief. Right after these peanut butter waffles, I'm going to jump on it!”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look GREAT! FANTASTIC! If I didn't know better, I'd think you were a teen. Seriously.

benjiboo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
benjiboo said...

*blushing* Oh stop it! As nice as that compliment it, I'd prefer not to be known as the "teen" with the two kids and her balding pimp.

Anonymous said...

Jen- ROTFL!!! My first laugh and smile of the day. Thanks. I needed that!

emgray said...

Hi, Jen. After hearing all the talk about your blog from the girls today at the party I just had to check it out for myself. Your site is fabulous: funny, creative, and REAL! You looked great today, by the way. Seriously, you're adorable. And your "balding pimp" of a husband is cute and was wonderful with all the kids. I look forward to reading your next installment. ~Mary

benjiboo said...

Thanks Mary! You know what my pimp said after we got home from the party? He wanted me to rub aloe on his sunburned head, shoulders, neck, etc... and so I start to walk away and he's says, "What about my arms?!" And I said, "You can't do your own arms??" And he said, "With all the playing I did today with the kids, your sister owes me..." and I of course just stared at him... and he continued "so since she's not here, you get to repay me." And he closed his eyes and stuck out his arms... that turd.

emgray said...

LOL! "Turd" -- always a great word!!