Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This is how my day has gone:

Yelled from the bathroom: "Mom!! I got some pee outside of the toilet!" That was a real treat to listen to and clean up.

Then my youngest one sees me sitting in a chair with my stomach pushed out slightly over my jeans (give a girl a break; I'd just eaten) and he decides to push it and say, "Wow! Tummy Mommy!" totally mesmorized pushing it in and out. Just lovely... "Thanks honey, if you really want to see a show, go check out Daddy's tummy"... I felt like saying.

Or this morning when I was literally stepping outside to head for the grocery store, I had my keys in hand and purse on my shoulder and my oldest was absolutely bewildered that I might run over a slug on the driveway when I backed the car out. *eyebrows raised* "A slug??" I ventured carefully. Sure enough, both boys rushed over to the top edge of the driveway and pointed at a small black creature inching it's slimy way across our pavement. So I had to very, very slowly back out, with my oldest standing on the sidelines and carefully guiding me with his hands "around" the precious slug. Then, when I apparently had cleared into the safe region, I got a thumbs-up of approval. *rolls eyes* Just what the world needs: one more alive slug.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! My kids have learned that any snails found in the front yard get thrown into the street. And if the snail is thrown too close to the sidewalk, they insist that I pick it up and move it to the middle of the street so a car will be sure to run it over.

Anonymous said...

...just so you know, darth vader came though my google reader...you had me in stitches!!!! Such good writing and TOTALLY relate-able! You should put it back up...

Gabensysmom said...

SERIOUSLY! What happened to the Darth Vader post??? That was HILARIOUS!! Karen called me crying laughing!

benjiboo said...

Okay, so I deleted it (ducks tomatoes)... and now I can't find it in my blogger archives. So I'll re-post something similiar...