Wednesday, April 16, 2008

This has not been my day today... I feel like the little boy in Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Which is an excellent book, by the way.

This morning my son got milk on the couch (gross), and then his toothpaste fell on the floor. I poked myself in the eye with my finger when I was applying my eye liner, and my comfy jeans were in the dirty clothes so I was forced to wear a pair of old capri pants that make my butt flatter than a piece of paper. I hate those pants.

There was nothing to eat for breakfast but an Eggo waffle, so I cooked it and piled it high with peanut butter. Before I could endulge, my littlest son wanted juice and my oldest wanted a pancake. After I fixed them their breakfast, I realized my baby had wet through his pj's and both boys were squabbling over the most coveted spot to sit on the couch. After I pried them loose and changed my baby, I returned to my waffle to find it cold and very unappealing. Then I made the mistake of stepping on the scale and found I had gained two pounds! It was the start of a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I received some photos I ordered in the mail and half of them had people's head's chopped off, and another third were extremely off-centered. I called the customer service line and told the woman I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, and she kindly explained the service options I had chosen, and "helped me to understand" why it was indeed my fault. I asked her, "Why would I choose to cut off my niece's head all the way down to her eyebrows?" and she went on to again "help me understand"... after I "raised my voice" I began to realize she may be right... and I hate to be wrong. It annoys me terribly. So I ended up ordering a few pictures from Costco instead, to later be told by my Photographer sister that Costco's development is "doo-doo". Just great...

And then I received a call from one of two women who had purchased some Pottery Barn Kids items from me off of Craig's List, and she informed me that she did not receive what she bought, and "did someone else also buy Pottery Barn Kids bedding from me?" I soon realized that I had mailed the two packages yesterday to the wrong women--I had switched the address labels by mistake. This women was in Sacramento... the other was in Texas. I apologized profusely but she was still pretty irritated even when I explained I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. So now I have to pay for each women to ship the box to the other woman, which will cost me another $24 out of my pocket.

I think I'll just order a pizza tonight and head to bed early... My hubby is working an earlier shift and should be home by nine tonight, which is a rare delight. I got all excited to watch Lost with him and then he informed me that it was a repeat. I informed him I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and he told me... some days are just like that.

1 comment:

Gabensysmom said...

Too funny...too bad about the labels too :(. And I'm sure your Costco pics will turn out just great :). I'm sorry!