Monday, April 28, 2008

I broke my rule of waiting two weeks to step on the scale this morning... thoughts of "how badly did I do this weekend?" began to sink in. I counted back throughout the past couple of days, one steak, two cupcakes, three sodas, four handfuls of chips... we'll just stop there. No need to get nauseous this early in the morning.

When I stepped on that cold piece of plastic this morning the numbers literally began to jump all over the place. It was 142, then 147, then 145, then 138 (I swear I whispered "Stop there!" on that number!) and so on. I felt like I was in Vegas at a slot machine! "Land all three 138's in a row, and win a muffin-top reduction!" Then the numbers stopped... on 143. That's not too terrible... I tried to reason with myself.

I mean let's be honest here, if someone was to ask my weight today, then weighing in at 143 I could clearly say, "Oh, I'm just about 140..." which sounds like I'm just under it, and not a couple notches above it. And in all honesty, if I stick to my "better lifestyle choices" (I've been told dieting doesn't work) then in a couple of weeks I might actually be 140. Okay, so at that point I can just claim to weigh 135, because we all know that if you weigh between 135-140 you can automatically register your number as "135". It's basic math really.

So I'm back to my "better lifestyle choices" today, and had a nice, but slightly bland, bowl of Cheerios for breakfast. Even if I don't lose weight by eating Cheerios for breakfast, I can still have piece of mind that my cholesterol is being lowered instead.

2 comments:

emgray said...

You gotta love the "basic math"!

Anonymous said...

HaHa, I love you thinking! Great writing!