Saturday, April 12, 2008

Of course the "Shout to the Lord" from American Idol is playing all over youtube.com, another secular website, but I thought some comments from random people about this song were kind of neat and worth sharing:

"Beautiful...absolutely beautiful. When they started singing this song, I got off the couch and just stood in my family room, totally blown away. An amazing song, whether you are a Christian or not. Who can be offended by such an uplifting & positive song? Our kids need to hear more songs like this, instead of the trashy, negative, destructive lyrics they are exposed to on a daily basis."

"Hooray! Someone in American Idol got it right! America was founded by people seeking a place to worship God in spirit and truth A nation founded on the gospel of Jesus Christ."

"I commend the singers for singing that song it shows the world how much that God is still alive and working and no one can compare to him Great Job Idol I commend you."

"When did the FOX network become a religious supporter? Bizzare choice of song, for me."

"No religion in music on TV. Music is about passions. Hate, love, loss, joy, fear. It's all art (some of it admittedly crappy). We should be willing to hear all of it and appreciate when true feelings can be expressed in music. The Doors, Black Sabbath, Metallica all have sung beautifully about darkness to help us undertand it. I also want to hear songs about light for the same reason. What about U2 -- ever listen to their lyrics (heavy on the God/spiritual stuff); same with Johnny Cash."

"whats wrong with it? its a good song. all the people who are whining need to get other it. I'm Buddhist. STILL a good song."

"perfect song choice, to GOD be the glory"

"Wholly Cow! I am having a hard time believing that was actually on American Idol!! Incredible! (in a great way!!!!) "

"this gave me goosebumps..as always! praise the Lord!!!!!"

"With all the violence, sex, racism... and every offensive thing imaginable in music today, it is unbelievable that this was allowed. Praise Jesus. We all know that being a white man or christian is very very unpopular in the world today."

"Praise to the Most High God."

"Hooray for Jesus! Thank you American Idol for being bold and going with your gut! I was starved of good music and you stood out with this! That's the beauty of America to me (and I am not Amreican)"

Here's one person version of the song that they downloaded on youtube. There's tons out there!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6G0U8Vg6nY

No comments: